I agree with some of these, but there has been several changes since the beginning.
Here are some of my suggestions:
1) Fighters should be able to attack ships. Cannons and rockets were used in WWII.
If my fighters could attack some ships, that would add a new dimension. Air gun
damage increased to offset fighters attacking small ships.
2) Better control. Way points, various formations, more altitude (200-300%), more
3) Torpedo Bombers have very little damage when BBs lard up on bulge. Limit bulge
on most ships to a smaller percentage of total armor.
4) Mismatch in CV nations' fighters. Players that did not go US are at a
disadvantage. The UK line has the slowest, weakest fighters, but if you invest in UK,
it is too late to change lines. Should I continue, or just be a food server to higher
fighters and have to grind until L110 until I finally reach some parity?
5) Better DB manual control
6) Scouts can drop Mines, but how about depth charges?
7) More support slots (non-pilot). I run as many pilots (8) as possible, support
sailors are nice, but secondary. My Seaman (L78) gains 200 exp compared to my
pilots (25,000 exp) on my PCV. I have to use BBs and CAs to uplevel my supports.
Better exp for lower level supports. I would like to run an Engr, Repr and Restr, but
that takes away from my pilots and the high death rate of my sailors on EVERY
mission is disheartening. I can't afford NOT to have a seaman or medic on board.
8) better air-gun response to enemy DBs and some auto defense mechanism for DDs
and FFs that hump.
9) Escape routes at end of game. Instead of just sitting there getting shelled by BBs
to end the game, maybe an escape route. Losing experts while getting hammered
with no alternative really sux.
10) Reduce BB experience gain. De-incent BBs from being the go-to ship for up-
leveling support sailors.
11) Punish AA ships from shooting down friendly planes. Build in exp loss when
friendly planes are shot down. Create an AA class ship, not just a rework of existing
Emdens or Moltkes.
12) Fixed position slots on ships should have minimal gun variations. You got rid of
the torpedo capability on CA+, maybe require ships to carry authentic guns instead
of providing wide flexibility of gun setups. How many Moltke/Mandel class ships were
pure AA (or ASW) ships?
13) New Bombers. Multi-bomb loads, higher elevation, defensive guns to fend off
14) Fighter escort duties for bombers. Right click on friendly formations. "Follow Me"
15) Intercept capability. right-click on enemy formations.
16) Quicker dive and climb options for all planes to offset AA golden angles
17) More severe moderator influence over BBs who whine and cry about lack of
scouting. My Nelson BB (UK) does not carry a scout.
18) CVs are a lot more active and complex to operate. BBs are aim, shoot, dodge.
BBs do not deserve the exp they get as compared to CVs due to the amount of work
involved. Move the incentive back to CVs...slightly.
19) make fighters and bombers faster, but consume more fuel. Variable speeds of
planes = fuel consumption change. Add some maneuvers (loop, roll, hard bank, skid,
slip, etc) to put skill to work.
20) More Cloud coverage at different altitudes. Planes can fly above, in, or above
21) Reduce HH damage to surface ships. I can sink a CL with my Hedge hogs. That's
ridiculous. HH should be fused for underwater damage only, and dud on surface
attacks. Being attacked by an ASW Moltke and SUNK by HHs is off the charts
ridiculous! Limit HHs to premium only.
22) Wind. Let wind move and affect the planes' activity.
23) Bail out and recovery. Send scouts to retrieve downed pilots. Parachutes into
water and either POW (exp) or saved (exp).
But calmly and rationally, I use my CV, but I stop using it when I find the animosity
and childish behavior too extreme. Also, if I find the competition to fierce, I will revert
to a different ship to feel more confident. As more and more T4 equipped ships are in
play, the difficulty for CV1s to overcome the disadvantage is even greater.
Right now, SS1 and SS2 are outclassed and obsolete. WHen the came out, they
were great and had a good time. But since the Nerf and Buff change, the SS1s are
completely useless and boring for new players to go down the long grind until they
are decent. BB classes face the same problem. When there are BB6s in the game,
you are lucky to get a couple of shots off before you are toast when playing with
GB2 is the Defacto game right now. GB2 is a BB game, everyone else is support. If
you don't like it, then go play blitz. That is the new reality.