A month ago (probably more, sorry about that) you all gave us your thoughts about
what was going on with the Forum Mods Team. You gave us feedback on what you
thought was wrong and needed change and also gave us some solutions for it. We
have been working with that information and decided some guidelines that will help
us improve our FM work.
Now we will cover the main issues that were pointed out by your comments and we
will explain how things will work out from now on, this will provide consistency for
most FM actions:
1. "We don't have to send you a PM" Issue:
- All locked, but not binned threads should have a post at the end of the thread
explaining why the thread was locked. In this situation, no PM needs to be sent since
the reasons have been provided for all to read and should be clear enough so no
- In the event that a post has been binned a PM should be sent explaining to the
OP why the thread has been nuked. The PM will also notify that if the OP has issues
with the reasons they should submit a support ticket under 밊orum" and will be
- Threads that contain Pornography, Hacking, Scams, Impersonation,
Advertisements for other games, Excessive Profanity (at least 5), and Legal Action
threads, will be binned without PMs.
- PMs for individual posts that have been hidden should be sent always.
However, in the event that a thread involves massive amounts of posts being hidden
then hide all necessary posts and post a reply explaining the reasons that action
2. 밫oo many thread locking" Issue:
- While the rules on flaming (zero constructive comments) should be continued to
be enforced, we will try to let threads develop a little bit more. We will try to clean
threads that aren뭪 too far out of the original thread and ONLY when they are truly
derailed an no constructive discussions can take place, a thread will be locked.
Offending authors will be warned in the final FM Reply post to the thread.
3. 밯e can뭪 speak about SDE" Issue:
- This issue comes mainly because people don뭪 know how to address this topic.
If you read the rules, constructive feedback is encouraged, which means an SDE
thread is welcomed as long as it can contribute to an improvement. Express your
problem and develop a solution to be worked on.
- Never the less. What we will do with these threads is to edit the OP뭩 thread
making sure it is contributing and not just cursing SDE/GMs/TNF etc. If there is
something to be saved it will be and if not it will get locked.
- We will lock the threads and tell the OP that the thread will be allowed as long
as he/she modifies the thread to include constructive feedback. If the thread
continues to do nothing but flame, post will be nuked.
4. 밫oo many stickies" Issue:
- We will try and prevent stickies from taking up more than 40% of the space on
the first page of any section. If something like this happens we will try and merge as
many topics as possible into a metapost.
5. 밯e don뭪 know which FM edited my post" Issue:
- We will leave a mark so that players know who and what was edited.
Something simple such as 밇dited for xxxx - FMx"
6. 밳ou implement the rules as you want them" Issue
- We will go over the currently existing Forum Rules, identify anything that is NOT
clear and that needs clarification. We will update the forum rules once again to make
sure that the definitions are clear to us and to the community. We will also update
the rules to include some that have been announced but not written in the FR
Document. Rule enforcement post-changes should be applied as consistently as
possible understanding that all situations are different and that there will always be
subjectivity in some FM actions. We will be giving more updates about this point as
we keep working on this.
Thanks to everyone that gave their feedback to us and made this work possible.
Please remember you can always give new suggestions and feedback through
regular channels like PMs to Forum Mods or by sending a Support Ticket under Forum.
We will always read them and consider them.
Also, if you ever feel the need to open a thread to give us feedback on what we are
doing, please remember to give constructive feedback without flaming or ranting, you
can express your point of view without it and we will understand.