For the sake of a stimulating discusssion, what does everyone else think of this
controversial and far out theory?
Basically, Ancient Astronaut theory proposes that in ancient times, the Earth was
visited by extra-terrestrials from other civilizations in the universe. And mankind,
with limited knowledge of science, believed them to be gods and thus worshipped
them, perhaps giving rise to religions.
Also, it is also proposed that these advanced visitors gave primitive man assistance,
knowledge and tools that enabled them to accomplish great feats in engineering
and mathematics, among others.
- Civilizations from all four corners of the world, developing in isolation from each
other, somehow came to share the common concept of God descending from the
skies, as well sharing many other motifs in their relics.
- Was this just coincidence, or points to misunderstood, alien visitations?
- With an almost infinite amount of galaxies out there, surely intelligent life
developed somewhere else?
- Chinese culture talks of deities descending on fire-breathing dragons. Could this
simply be spacecraft with exhaust propulsion?
- Many ancient wonders, e.g. the Pyramids, Stonehenge and the Moai on Easter
Island, would be quite a challenge to construct even with today's modern
technology. Yet societies thousands of years ago achieved it. Could they have had
- There is no solid evidence supporting these beliefs. All there is, is pure conjecture
Personally, I feel it is plausible, though not entirely probable. This concept is so out
of left field, that it becomes quite fascinating. But for now, I'll agree that it is pure
speculation. Perhaps one day we'll know for sure.
What say you?