I'm Hood fan, and I know this ship very well. I also have EBB Hood, and I can say something about gun setup (same as for normal Hood).
2xMark III 15"
3xMark I 16"
4xMark III 14"
*Standard - 4 x 2xMark III L - Best range, angle and reload, poor firepower (My ship is running 45 knt with them)
* Popular - 4 x 3xMark I L (Mark 1, not 2) - slightly less range, 40*, great firepower (My ebb Hood - 44 knt with light crew, 42 with full crew)
* Heavy - 4 x 4xMark III L (quad) - same range as Tripple Mark III, 40*, OUTSTANDING firepower, but they're heavy. (My e-Hood - 42 knt)
* HMS Arrogance configuration (Invented by me) - mix of quads and tripples.
3xMark I L, 4xMark III L (front), 4xMark III L, 3xMark I L (back). This guns have THE SAME RANGE & ANGLE, slightly different reload time, but it's like popular setup + 2 more shells = +50 k dmg per salvo. (44 knt with light crew, 42 with full)
EDIT: I just find out one more setup.
* Double KGV config. - 4xMark III L + 2xMark III L (14" - "half of quad gun") front, same at back. 12 shells 14" per salvo, but it's lighter than "Popular" setup. (For me - 44knt with full crew)
You have to make a choice. Still, unfortunately - too BIG ship with too SHORT range. Pretty, but hard to play.
- Tripple Mark II guns sucks. They have noticeably shorter range than M I.
I hope they'll fix Hood, (s)he is unsarisfactorily strong for her size. Mostly because of poor range. Vanny' and L1' guns would be fine. AND should have FCS II. Now I should say few words to EBB balance team.... Hood was going to be better! YOU ^*%*%$%@@$!^@#^@ !