Hi - Here's my experience with PBB's and EBB's
- okay range, quad guns
- plays hit and run style, though only useful comparison is MN Ships or the RN Nelson
- Not too playable as AW - you need speed
- Be cautious with main Gunners b/c gun layouts
- The First Battleship from which all 'modern' (meaning WWI and beyond) were measured against
- From what I've heard, a ship to have the "fun" factor with
- I cannot speak to it's capabilities, but the 12's have decent range, but poor damage compared with other BB's
- Great ship to level crew in
- Great damage output for level - can carry MIII 15's
- Can be played AW or SW (keep in mind that you will be slower anyway b/c of Revenge Base)
- Great for sneak attacks when possible
- small scout capacity
- My favourite b/c:
- Gun options - you can play with x4 Triple 16's for the almight punch combo; or play AW/SW with MIII 15's
- Better Scout capacity
- Better speed than EBB2
- perfect for the levelling between Repulse and Hood/Nelson
These are just my own experiences - others may have other thoughts too...
Overall, it depends on what you want to use it for - if for CV and SS, stick with EBB2 or PBB; if you need something to level between your BB's it will depend on which line you chose - PBB or EBB2 works well if you chose Revenge, otherwise EBB3 for Renown line (for maximum XP Rewards).
If you really want to have fun and the pleasure of saying you have it, the original EBB would be great too - just don't be too upset when it doesn't perform as well against other 'at-level' BB's.