ID
Password
FlashGuide
FlashGuide
HA Infomation

General Discussion

  Index

  • /rant

    07. 24. 2011 18:18


X3N0M0RPH
I just got told by a CV5 that and i quote ''Your a bb4 you dont get fighter cover''

???

Is this right? is this ok?

If so, ima sit in my Mandel and Burn every fighter that comes out of a god damn cv.

 

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 01:07


nunki
Well, if there is no enemy bombers flying over your head don't bother asking for cover.
Some CV will cover if there are enemy fighter/bombers flying near by. They would feed off
those planes for credits.

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 01:10


aingeal
Originally Posted by japex

Let that CV get into enemy surface ships range and don't bother protecting it:

You're a CV5 you don't get surface cover.


+1

Seriously. good CVs normally try to protect every ships in their teams and scout for everyone.

I personally prefer CVs that gives me good visual over those who sit fighter above me to protect me. I think AA ship do a much faster job at it most of the time, and I can deal with a situation where both side see better than one where I get partial visual and they see very well due to the airspace above my ship being the stage of a massive dogfight.

Good CVs normally do both, as they secure the access to our flank along the way to the enemy battleline.

Also a cv capping the enemy BBs is effectively preventing them from launching scouts.

Of course, in a situation where you decide to go on your own way, and the CV has to decide if its going to back your BB4 or a BB5-6, chances are he will back the BB5 in priority unless you are a really awesome BB player and he totally suck like v2c said.

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 01:30


Vandergahast
CVs main job is to scout, not to give fighter cover. If enemy bbs are visible, you shouldn't complain. If u dont want to be seen, or dbed, put some aa on or buy an escort ship like emden. If cv is FCing you it means there are less FPs over enemies heads, wich increaces chance to experience vision failure. And visibility/scouting is the key to win.

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 02:01


nunki
Originally Posted by Vandergahast

CVs main job is to scout, not to give fighter cover. If enemy bbs are visible, you shouldn't complain. If u dont want to be seen, or dbed, put some aa on or buy an escort ship like emden. If cv is FCing you it means there are less FPs over enemies heads, wich increaces chance to experience vision failure. And visibility/scouting is the key to win.


Not always correct.. CV main jobs is not to scout only. What would happens if there are swamp of Db's flying over your area, and your cv fail to cover it? I had seen lots of games that BB's were taken out by bombers because cv
and aa ships failed to cover them.

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 03:13


X3N0M0RPH
Ok, now ive calmed down after a little sleep ill explain the situation a bit more thoroughly...i was tailing a H44 in my L1 literally on his buttcheeks, CV fighters above my head green little numbers underneath so im assuming there friendly and i see this massive wave of DBers coming over, my circle lights up and i think hm...Fighters over head ill be fine, no need to evade, i bash G a couple of times to fire off my salvo on a monty, G back and i get pwned by these bombers...I admitedly rage at this point ask how which ever CV those fighters belong too could miss bombers like that...Hence the 5year old dense answer i got back.

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 05:40


phantom3553
Originally Posted by X3N0M0RPH

Ok, now ive calmed down after a little sleep ill explain the situation a bit more thoroughly...i was tailing a H44 in my L1 literally on his buttcheeks, CV fighters above my head green little numbers underneath so im assuming there friendly and i see this massive wave of DBers coming over, my circle lights up and i think hm...Fighters over head ill be fine, no need to evade, i bash G a couple of times to fire off my salvo on a monty, G back and i get pwned by these bombers...I admitedly rage at this point ask how which ever CV those fighters belong too could miss bombers like that...Hence the 5year old dense answer i got back.


the green thingy for friendly plane to cover you is such a waste (i find it ineffective) and don't do anything, the best way to cover against a bombers is fly fp ahead of the target ship or better spot incoming bomber earlier

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 05:46


devildog8
another CV/antiCV whine thread yay!!!!!!!

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 08:19


normpearii
Originally Posted by nunki

Not always correct.. CV main jobs is not to scout only. What would happens if there are swamp of Db's flying over your area, and your cv fail to cover it? I had seen lots of games that BB's were taken out by bombers because cv
and aa ships failed to cover them.



Dodge it.... Its not as hard as people think it is to dodge auto bombs and some people's manual bombing attempts...

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 09:24


firezmissles
Originally Posted by normpearii

Originally Posted by nunki

Not always correct.. CV main jobs is not to scout only. What would happens if there are swamp of Db's flying over your area, and your cv fail to cover it? I had seen lots of games that BB's were taken out by bombers because cv
and aa ships failed to cover them.



Dodge it.... Its not as hard as people think it is to dodge auto bombs and some people's manual bombing attempts...


Its only not hard when its auto DB targetted from far away so you could line up your ship for the best chance to avoid the bombs. However when people manually move the bombers behind you and use the auto bomb closeby its very difficult to dodge when in BB. More so when in BB56.

  • Re : /rant

    07. 25. 2011 11:53


Vandergahast
Originally Posted by nunki

Originally Posted by Vandergahast

CVs main job is to scout, not to give fighter cover. If enemy bbs are visible, you shouldn't complain. If u dont want to be seen, or dbed, put some aa on or buy an escort ship like emden. If cv is FCing you it means there are less FPs over enemies heads, wich increaces chance to experience vision failure. And visibility/scouting is the key to win.


Not always correct.. CV main jobs is not to scout only. What would happens if there are swamp of Db's flying over your area, and your cv fail to cover it? I had seen lots of games that BB's were taken out by bombers because cv
and aa ships failed to cover them.



If a bb line collapses, because one of them got dbed, your team simply sucks. However, one unscouted bb4/5/6 can easily wipe all north/south. And with all those free smokes, its not really hard to avoid getting dbed.

1 2