For me, SS5 Japanese is really pathetic !!!!! It should be an improvement of SS4, however:
1) there are 2 torpedo tubes in less
2) the speed in the base area decreased (21 vs. 23)
3) the base speed underwater is decreased (19 vs. 21)
4) the speed in OH on the surface is decreased (this depends on the engineers on board, I, with 2 engineers lvl 107, arriving at 29 knots, with the same crew on HEI go to 34 knots)
5) the speed is decreased under water OH (with the same crew, about 4-5 knots less)
Of course, if I increase the engineers gain a few knots in OH, but the speed remains the same base!!
6) It is increased in times of OH (but has also increased recharge of the torpedoes!)
7) ok, the torpedoes do more damage, the problem is that you get to the shooting range to throw and with this low speed is much more difficult
8) the planes are a joke: Which is the utility of 10 planes if for launch and load them I can be only on the surface?? When I'm in the battle I emerge to start the planes and then go back under water ?????
2 torpedo tubes on the back, that will be an improvement!!
In conclusion: in a good game I do 80/150k damage with SS4, less than half with SS5 and if I meet another sub, even at level 3, are always sunk ......
Can a 1 vs 1: Hei vs Kai Lou and let me know who win.......