1. Make sure you run the game in compatibility mode. This game is not well suited
for newer operating systems, running it for 2000 or XP SP3 wouldnt be bad.
2. three words: RUN. AS. ADMINISTRATOR.
3. If your processors are on the low end, make sure no other necessary processes
and tasks are running, ESPECIALLY anti virus stuff. Internet browsers should be off,
music, anything else that you dont need the computer to be doing.
4. Check your internet. If you disconnect for longer than a couple seconds, the game
will stay disconnected til you restart the client. Or hackshield will kick you.
5. Avoid alt-tabbing. I dont think anyone knows specifically why, but it causes
crashes. Just dont do it. The causes are probably somewhat related to #3.